-30 minutes or less
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 Tbs. almond butter
- 2 Tbs. lemon or lime juice
- 1 Tbs. yellow miso
- 1 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 Tbs. peanut or canola oil
- 1 8-oz. pkg. plain tempeh, cubed
- 4 carrots, halved and sliced into half-moons (1¾ cups)
- 1 lb. sugar snap peas (2½ cups)
1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 20 minutes, or until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes.
2. Whisk together almond butter, lemon juice, miso, ginger, and garlic. Whisk in 1/3 cup water. Set aside.
3. Heat wok over high heat, until water droplets evaporate within 1 second. Add oil, and swirl to coat wok. Add tempeh, and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add carrots, and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add sugar snap peas, and stir-fry 1 minute. Remove from heat.
4. Fluff quinoa with fork, top with vegetables, and drizzle with miso-almond mixture.