Topped with marinated artichoke hearts and cheesy basil and spinach pesto, this pizza is sure to be your new favorite. It can be made with any kind of crust, whether you like thin, crispy crusts, grain-free, soft and doughy … it’s all about the toppings and this pizza has them right. It’s all topped off with vegan Parmesan and melty vegan mozzarella — which is entirely optional, but so good.
For the Spinach Pesto:
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup nuts of any kind
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more if needed to achieve desired consistency
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 squeeze of lemon
- 10-15 basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
FOR THE PIZZA:
- 16 ounces pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts, use jarred or canned and drain them
- 3/4 cup vegan shredded parmesan
- 1/2 cup vegan shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 4-5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Credit: One Green Planet
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a circle. Carefully move the pizza dough to a pizza pan or pizza stone. Process all of the pesto ingredients in a food processor. Spread the pizza evenly with pesto. Top with spinach, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes. mozzarella, and parmesan cheese.
- Place the pizza in the hot oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until pizza crust is golden and cheese is melted. Remove the pizza from the oven and let the pizza cool for a few minute. Cut into slices and serve.